Monday, July 30, 2007

Ang Wave Progression


Two years ago this week, I was in the middle of a never-ending case of the Mondays. To use a ridiculous medical metaphor, there were far too many irritable foci in the myocardium of my life. And irritable foci, my friends, lead to arrhythmias. Potentially fatal, disruptive, but sometimes entirely silent. Sooner or later, it's best they all find their way back to normal sinus rhythm.

On another note, I once read that 27 is a magical checkpoint in a woman's life. That by this age she should have carved out a niche for herself in career, life goals and personal style. It could've been written by any garden variety woman's magazine columnist who pulled the story out of the air the midnight before her due date. But it stuck with me all the same. Seemed appealing and reasonable. Except at 25, I was so far from being where I wanted to be at 27 that I may as well have been moving backward. With all this swirling around in my head, I changed what I could.

Sure, there've been times when I gave in and took a good look at the last two years and wondered how it all fell out of, and then back into, place. And though my ducks still aren't quite all in a row, the bottom line is, I spend much more time these days in normal sinus rhythm...and enjoying it whole-heartedly...

No comments: